Criteria for Admission in M.Phil / Ph.D. Programs
The Candidates must fulfil the following criteria (HEC approved) for MPhil and PhD Programs.
Sixteen years of Education or 4 years of BS Program schooling (124 credit hours) after HSSC/F.A. /F.Sc/Grade12/A level equivalent is required for admission in MPhil.
- The Candidates will have to appear and pass with minimum of 60% Marks in written test conducted by Centre.
- For award of M.Phil. degree, candidates will either need to complete 24 credit hours of course work along with a minimum of 6 credit hours for research work/thesis.
- For admission into the PhD minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in M.Phil. degree is required.
- A subject test conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS) or ETS, USA in the area of specialization chosen at the Ph.D. level must be cleared prior to admission for the PhD Program or before conduct of Ph.D. defence.
(a) In the case of GAT Subject test a minimum of 60% marks is required to pass the test.
(b) In the case GRE subject test, the minimum score will be acceptable as follows:
- 60% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions thereafter.
(c) The Test is not available in NTS subject list, then a University Committee will conduct the Test as par with GRE Subject Test and qualifying score for this will be 70% score.
- Course work of 18 credit hours preferably in the first year is required to be completed and followed by a comprehensive examination for granting candidacy as Ph.D. researcher.